At Moores Insurance Management, Inc. and MZM Consulting, LLC, protecting the confidentiality of your personal information is very important to us. For over 25 years, we have upheld a high degree of integrity and consciously worked to preserve your continued trust and confidence. Our goal is to treat the personal information you furnish us with the utmost respect and in accordance with this Privacy Pledge. This pledge explains our privacy commitment to you. It identifies the personal information that we collect, and describes how we use, share and safeguard that information. This Pledge applies to individuals who are seeking our services in addition to current or former clients of Moores Insurance Management, Inc. and MZM Consulting, LLC.
Information We Obtain From or About You
We may collect the following types of information about you:
- Non-public personal information you provide to us during the evaluation and/or application process, on account forms, in telephone conversations, or within meetings between you and our agent, staff or affiliates. This information may include such items as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, social security number, driver’s license number, date of birth, assets, vehicle and driver information, medical history, financial information, legal history and/or business particulars. If you have provided us with your e-mail address, we may use your e-mail address from time-to-time to communicate new services, renewal information, and to confirm completion of transactions with you, unless you notify us to do otherwise.
- Transaction information about your experiences with us, our affiliates and others, such as your insurance coverages and rates, premium balance, payment and claims history, customer service usage, coverage and vehicle changes. This also includes information that we require for billing and payment.
- Consumer report information from state motor vehicle departments, loss reporting agencies, credit reporting agencies, and the like, which provide motor vehicle reports, claim reports and/or consumer credit information where permitted by law and required to facilitate placement of insurance coverage on our behalf.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we gather to deliver superior service to you and to help us operate our business. The ways that we use your information will vary depending upon our relationship with you, but they may include:
- Evaluating your insurance and risk management needs to assist you in obtaining products and services to meet your needs
- Facilitating the placement of insurance on your behalf with insurers whom we place coverage
- Informing you of additional products or services that may be of interest
- Designing and improving the services that we and our affiliates offer
- Evaluating and researching potential insurance markets
- Processing, servicing and maintaining accounts, claims and transactions
- Verifying your identity and related insurance and risk assessment information
- Contacting you
- Preventing fraud
- Complying with insurance company, legal and regulatory requirements
- Operating our agency
The Information We Disclose
Information about our clients will only be disclosed as permitted or required by law. We do not sell client information. We will not share or utilize information from or about you for any reason, other than those stated above, without your permission. Information about our former and potential clients will be safeguarded to the same extent as information about our current clients.
In order to perform the transactions you request or authorize, we may disclose your information to persons or organizations as necessary including, but not limited to:
- Our authorized agents, employees, vendors or affiliates who are bound by confidentiality agreements contractually obligating them to keep the information that we provide to them confidential and to use the information only for the purpose for which the information was provided
- Insurance companies, risk retention groups, self-insuring programs, reinsurers and their investigators, appraisers, adjusters, underwriters, staff, participants, attorneys, financial institutions and other persons who may need to become involved in establishing, servicing and supporting your policy or claims made
- Insurance support organizations that detect and prevent fraud
- Medical professionals or institutions in order to verify coverage or conduct operations or services audits
- State insurance departments or other governmental or law enforcement authorities if required by law, to protect our legal interests, or in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activities
- Parties ordered by a subpoena, search warrant, court order or governmental authorities
Except as stated above, we will not provide information about you to any unaffiliated third party for their independent use without your permission.
What You Can Do if You Do Not Want us to Disclose Information
If there is information that you do not want us to disclose, we are happy to satisfy your request. You can communicate your desires to us via letter addressed to either Moores Insurance Management, Inc. or MZM Consulting LLC, Lawson Commons, 380 St. Peter Street, Suite 720, St. Paul, MN 55102-1304; e-mail message sent to email@example.com; or by simply calling our office at (651) 255-6800. Please be advised that preventing some disclosures may affect our ability to secure coverage or otherwise provide you with complete service.
How We Protect Your Information
We educate our employees to treat personal information with utmost care. We work to restrict access to your information to only those individuals who need it. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable federal standards and regulations to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information.
Reviewing & Updating Your Information
Generally, you may review your information contained in our records upon request. Please note that there may be some information we cannot share with you. You may also request that we correct, change or delete any incorrect information. If you believe your information is in need of updating, please notify us by using one of the methods listed below. We will review your request and respond accordingly.
Privacy Pledge Changes & Contact Information
MIM reserves the right to modify or supplement this Privacy Pledge at anytime. If we make any material change, we will update our website to include such changes. If you have additional questions regarding this Privacy Pledge, please contact us by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 651-255-6800.
Moores Insurance Management, Inc. & MZM Consulting LLC, Privacy Pledge last revised: 04/07/2006